Monday, June 20, 2011

In pursuit of personal enlightenment, and avoiding "real life"

Sometimes you can't help but graduate.  I had begun to think that my undergrad degree was some elusive, mythical creature that existed only in a fictional story.  Alas, it is not.  My final semester came and passed, and with a degree in hand the story seems set to continue on to the next logical step in "life".   This would be the time for me to get a job, buy a house, set up a 401k, and the most repulsive phrase of them all "settle down".  Those of you who know me in any context ought to be getting a good chuckle out of that.  This publication will serve to document my life as I venture out into the world, and at times act as a verification of my survival in said world.

Come August, I will find myself in Korea preparing to teach english in the Korean public school system.  This will be, without a doubt a magnificent teaching and learning experience that will have a profound effect on me both as an educator and individual.  I'll know more when I arrive, I cannot wait to throw myself a little deeper into uncertainty and the unknown.  

I will leave you with this quote, which I believe is apropos...

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." Charles Dickens in David Copperfield 

No comments:

Post a Comment